JOIN THE GENERATORS UNLIMITED CREW!We are currently hiring for the following positions. Apply for jobs below.
DRIVER JOB DESCRIPTION
We are always interested in talking with experienced mechanics about joining our team, get details below.
The primary responsibility of the Driver is to help meet the equipment needs of customers by delivering and picking up equipment in a timely, safe and courteous manner as well as generators, service vehicles, cable, distribution, customer serviced equipment and other equipment as assigned by Management staff.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Safely transport equipment to customer locations in a timely, safe and courteous manner
- Determine each customer’s ability to use the equipment in a safe manner
- Demonstrate use of rental equipment to customers
- Maintain driver logs and complete pre-trip inspections
- Adhere to all safety requirements particular to the equipment, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Maintain Truck Equipment/Inventory
- Maintain the service and appearance of assigned equipment
- Adhere to delivery/pick up instructions from company transportation team
- Complete required Generators Unlimited paperwork in a timely manner
- Working knowledge of equipment maintenance procedures, changing oil, tires, batteries, servicing generators, trailers, vehicles and trucks
- Follow delivery/pickup instructions from Dispatcher and/or Office Staff
- Perform any other duties, including shop functions and warehouse tasks, as assigned by the Technical Lead, Operations Manager or President
- Deliver, operate and pickup equipment on time and safely to/from required locations
- Represent the company in a positive light to all customers with a courteous and respectful attitude
- Ensure prompt accurate communication with the “base” staff at GU offices to ensure up-to-date and accurate action can be taken
- Broad knowledge and experience in: diesel generators or diesel truck engines and electrical/electronic control systems
- Above average skills in: customer service, attention to detail, attention to safety and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to- read maps efficiently
- General knowledge of: OSHA familiarity/training
- Experience in: CDL Driving
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Education and Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Driver’s license Class C
- Must have a driving record in good standing
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to: hold and grasp with the hands when loading and unloading equipment as well as tying and chaining down equipment, use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal/s on equipment and trucks, frequent lifting up to 50 lbs. (occasional lifting up to 90 lbs.).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles, bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas and/or fumes.
Limits and Exclusions:
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
- Competitive Based on Experience
Full time (40 hours per week)
- Brisbane, California
JOIN OUR TEAM! WE ARE HIRING!
We have achieved a reputation for being the most dependable and competitively-priced generator rental company in the San Francisco Bay Area for over 25 years.
ADDRESS & PHONE
Generators Unlimited, Inc.
285 Industrial Way
Brisbane, CA 94005
(800) 518-8088 Toll Free
(415) 468-2868 Local
(415) 468-2541 Fax
Sat & Sun: Closed